Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Exercise

Now that the realization of my going back to work in almost 4 months is complete, I need to start exercising to lose the stubborn 10 lbs that won't go away. With my first baby, it was easier to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight; however, with my son it is proving more difficult.

By my 6 week visit to my OB/GYN after my son was born, I was at my pre-pregnancy weight. I was so happy. This was short lived. I used all the excuses in the book to eat ice cream. The best excuse was I am breastfeeding, so I need the extra calories. As a result, I am now 10 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight.

My plan is quite simple. While the baby is sleeping, I will be bicycling on our exercycle for 30 minutes. I started the intensity level at 1 last week because I want to be able to get off the bike and walk upstairs. I need to start doing this 3 or 4 times a week, preferably every day. Yesterday, I went to intensity level 2--living life dangerously.

Now I'm off to the exercycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment