Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Baby Spit Up Stains

I've tried many products to remove stains when baby starts to eat solids. Those carrots, sweet potatos, and bananas can be a pain to remove, not to mention what comes out the other end.

The best way I've found to date is by using Spray and Wash Dual Power. After removing the excess, I pretreat the stains--it is best to completely saturate the stain with Spray and Wash and let it wait a few minutes before putting the garment in the machine. Next I wash as usual. Most times, this works fine; however, some of the stains are really stubborn. When this happens, I do not dry the garment for fear of "cooking" the stain. Instead I reapply Spray and Wash and will rub the liquid in the stain and rub. Be careful because this chemical is an irritant and will burn your hands. Wash your hands with copious amounts of water afterwards to avoid the burning sensation.

If after the second application of Spray and Wash the stain is still there, you can saturate the stain with Spray and Wash and let it dry in the fabric if the fabric is white or colorfast. I tried this on my daughter's lime green t-shirt and where I Spray and Wash went, the color was a bit faded. It didn't matter though because this was a daycare shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment