Sunday, April 26, 2009

Getting Your Toddler To Listen and Do What You Want

My 33 month old is currently in the "I want to help you Mom phase". I am taking this to my full advantage. Recently we needed to take my toddler to the Dr. At her previous visit she let go of my hand in the parking lot while I was using the stroller for my infant with the other. Imagine my worry.

This time I asked her if she wanted to help me with the stroller. She said yes and did not let go of the stroller while we were in the parking lot.

Another chore she is quite fond of is doing the dishes. She likes to "dry". My thinking here is if I don't let her dry the dishes she may not want to help when she is older. So I let her "dry" the plastic things and the unbreakable, non-dangerous things. I need to redry them and it takes more time, but I think in the long run this strategy will pay off, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment